The CARE Coalition is always looking for volunteers to help us widen our impact.
If you are interested in volunteering to reduce substance misuse and underage drinking in Transylvania County, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help distribute medication lock boxes and follow up (to hospice, pharmacies, senior meal sites, etc).
- Take a shift at our Drug Take Back Booth on the 4th Saturday’s in April and October!!
- Take Transylvania CARES Pledge campaign to local businesses and organizations and government officials.
- Make sure to take photos of new partners!
- Support Voice of Students with snacks.
- Attend CARE Coalition events and trainings.
- Help arrange and speak or introduce staff at community presentations at service clubs, churches, community center meetings, etc.
- Distribute CARE informational materials at your workplace, church, doctors’ office, etc.
- Be a spokesperson for the CARE Coalition whenever possible- develop an “elevator” speech about what we do for the community.
Policy & Advocacy
- Attend County Commissioner meetings or City of Brevard meetings looking for issues and opportunities and needs the Coalition can address to reduce substance misuse and underage drinking.
- Attend local court proceedings to observe the procedure and outcome of drug and alcohol cases.
- Write a letter to the editor of the Transylvania Times about substance-related issues.
Media & Design
- Promote CARE when you are on social media: Facebook, and Instagram.
- Send photos of coalition-related events to email@example.com to be posted on our social media sites.
- Drug-free fun!
- Bonding with your kids!
- Teens doing awesome stuff!
- Drug awareness and prevention media.
- Promote new business partners who sign the pledge!