The CARE Coalition is always looking for volunteers to help us widen our impact.
If you are interested in volunteering to reduce substance misuse and underage drinking in Transylvania County, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help distribute medication lock boxes and follow up (to hospice, pharmacies, senior meal sites, etc).
- Take a shift at Halloweenfest or Drug Takeback booth in Brevard on October 28.
- Take Transylvania CARES Pledge campaign to local businesses and organizations and government officials.
- Make sure to take photos of new partners!
- Support TAFFY with snacks.
- Attend C.A.R.E. Coalition events and trainings.
- Participate in a workgroup.
- Help arrange and speak or introduce staff at community presentations at service clubs, churches, community center meetings, etc.
- Distribute C.A.R.E.informational materials at your workplace, church, doctors’ office, etc.
- Assist in retail alcohol seller good will visits.
- Be a spokesperson for the C.A.R.E. Coalition whenever possible- develop an “elevator” speech about what we do for the community.
Policy & Advocacy
- Attend County Commissioner meetings or City of Brevard meetings looking for issues and opportunities and needs the Coalition can address to reduce substance misuse and underage drinking.
- Help collect data needed by the Evaluation Committee.
- Attend local court proceedings to observe procedure and outcome of drug and alcohol cases.
- Join a work group.
- Write a letter to the editor of the Transylvania Times about substance-related issues.
Media & Design
- Promote CARE when you are on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Take photos of coalition-related content and send to email@example.com for posting on social media.
- Drug-free fun!
- Bonding with your kids!
- Teens doing awesome stuff!
- Drug awareness and prevention media.
- Promote new business partners who sign the pledge!
- Volunteer as a point person for local media outlets.
- Assist in website maintenance.
- Create graphics for flyers, billboards, and social media posts.